Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program
The Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program is designed to match first-or second-year Texas medical students with an experienced and skilled family physician for a two-to-four-week period in order to help them gain real life experience in a community setting. By participating in our preceptorship, students will have the unique opportunity to explore what being a family physician involves.
Medical students — 3 steps to TFMPP preceptorship:
- Step 1 – Fill out the application by clicking the TFMPP Portal button below
- Step 2 – Select the region that interests you and upload a picture of your student ID
- Step 3 – Our coordinator will review your submission and contact you if there are any additional questions
The TFMPP Pre-clinical Student Application is currently closed.
Will be opening soon for 2019 applications.
Potential preceptors — eligibility requirements:
- You must be board-certified.
- You must have completed a three-year family medicine residency.
- You cannot have any current board actions against you by the Texas Medical Board.
If you have further questions, please call Juleah Williams at (512) 329-8666 Ext.135 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org