Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program
The Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program is designed to match first- or second-year students enrolled in a Texas medical school with an experienced and skilled family physician for a two- to four-week period to help them gain real-life experience in a community setting. By participating in our preceptorship program, students will have the unique opportunity to explore what it means to be a family physician.
Medical students — 3 steps to TFMPP preceptorship:
- Step 1 – Fill out the application by clicking the TFMPP Portal button below
- Step 2 – Select the region that interests you and upload a picture of your student ID
- Step 3 – Our coordinator will review your submission and contact you if there are any additional questions
Student applications are now closed. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email Angelina Trevizo.
Potential preceptors — eligibility requirements:
- You must be board-certified.
- You must have completed a three-year family medicine residency.
- You cannot have any current board actions against you by the Texas Medical Board.
If you have further questions, please call Angelina Trevizo at (512) 329-8666 Ext.136 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.