Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program
The Texas Family Medicine Preceptorship Program is designed to match first- or second-year students enrolled in a Texas medical school with an experienced and skilled family physician for a two- to four-week period to help them gain real-life experience in a community setting. By participating in our preceptorship program, students will have the unique opportunity to explore what it means to be a family physician.
Medical students — 3 steps to TFMPP preceptorship:
- Step 1 – Fill out the application by clicking the TFMPP Portal button below
- Step 2 – Select the region that interests you and upload a picture of your student ID
- Step 3 – Our coordinator will review your submission and contact you if there are any additional questions
The TFMPP summer 2022 application is now closed. To be added to the waitlist, please email Paige Newman at email@example.com.
Potential preceptors — eligibility requirements:
- You must be board-certified.
- You must have completed a three-year family medicine residency.
- You cannot have any current board actions against you by the Texas Medical Board.
If you have further questions, please call Paige Newman at (512) 329-8666 ext. 136 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.