Meet one of our preceptors, Dr. Bacak.
Information for potential preceptors
Help shape the future of family medicine in Texas
In signing up to be a preceptor, you’ll give future physicians their first real impressions of the joy and fulfillment of family medicine.
Things to know:
- By filling out the application, you put your name on a list as a possible preceptor for two-to-four weeks during the summer each year. We will contact you to ensure the student-selected dates work with your schedule.
- If you accept a student, you will have access to teachingphysician.org materials, including online CME for one year.
- You can earn up to 60 prescribed credits per three-year cycle for your AAFP membership.
- If you accept a student, you can receive a discount on registration to the TAFP Annual Session and Primary Care Summit.
- We will host two FREE clinical teaching skills workshops each year, each including an ethics credit. These workshops could count toward faculty development requirements.
- You must be board-certified.
- You must have completed a three-year family medicine residency.
- You cannot have any current board actions against you by the Texas Medical Board.
If you have further questions, please call Juleah Williams at (512) 329-8666 Ext.135 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org