Value-based care resources
Value-based care, or value-based payment is a concept that is gaining momentum in the ever-changing health care marketplace. By tying payment to quality measures, value-based care prioritizes health outcomes over the quantity of services provided.
In his video, "Value-Based Care 101," Peter Valenzuela, MD, MBA, provides an overview of value-based payment models for primary care and what the future may hold for primary care physicians.
Doc to the Future: Value-based care podcast series
TAFP member Lane Aiena, MD, of Huntsville, Texas, hosts “Doc to the Future,” a new podcast focused on value-based care and other changes coming to primary care practice. Read about the project in this post from October 2022.
VBC resources from AAFP
Value-based care: 10 resources for getting started
- How to Succeed in Value-Based Care — keys to success and pitfalls to avoid (FPM article).
- Keys to High-Quality, Low-Cost Care: Empanelment, Attribution, and Risk Stratification (AAFP supplement to FPM),
- AAFP TIPS: Empanelment (AAFP online learning module with downloadable tools).
- How to Correctly Capture Patient Risk for Value-Based Care Programs (FPM article),
- Risk Stratified Care Management Rubric and Scoring Algorithm (AAFP tools),
- Using Team-based Strategies to Improve Risk Adjustment (Family Medicine Practice Hack Video),
- Understanding and Improving Risk Adjustment in Team-Based Care (AAFP supplement to FPM).
- Care Management in the Real World (FPM article),
- Chronic Care Management Toolkit (AAFP toolkit),
- Paving the Path to Value: Care Management and Coordination (AAFP supplement to FPM).