HHSC seeks new advisory committee members
The Health and Human Services Commission is seeking new members for its Health Information Exchange Advisory Committee and will be accepting applications until 5 p.m., Friday, May 10, 2013.
The committee is responsible for advising HHSC on projects and programs related to health information technology and health information exchanges. It meets during normal business hours on a quarterly or as-needed basis and membership terms are four years. Appointments will be made in time for new members to attend the Thursday, July 18 meeting in Austin.
When applying for membership, take into account which membership category you would best represent:
- Medicaid clients/CHIP enrollees, including consumer representatives (in high demand);
- Medicaid provider;
- Children’s Health Insurance Program provider;
- Fee-for-service provider;
- Texas Health Services Authority;
- Texas Health and Human Services Agency;
- Major provider association;
- Health-care facility;
- Managed care organization;
- Pharmaceutical industry;
- Local or regional HIE;
- or Pediatric medical informatics.
Download the application here, and submit it along with an updated resume or curriculum vitae via e-mail to Medicaid_HIT@hhsc.state.tx.us. Questions can be directed to Ramdas Menon, director of Medicaid/CHIP Health IT at HHSC, at the above e-mail address or at (512) 424-6500.