Learn about payment reform models
with TAFP online videos
Last fall, TAFP held a summit on various payment reform models physicians should consider as the country moves away from fee-for-service. The expert speakers concurred that whether the system of the future is based on the patient-centered medical home, bundled payment, accountable care, or a proposal yet to be imagined, physicians will play an integral role in its delivery and success.
Now you can see and hear those experts in a series of videos produced from the conference. Hear more on the economics driving reform, the role of family physicians, the business of health care financing, and a case study on a highly successful Plano practice.
- Opening Remarks: What Am I Doing Here and Why Should I Care? (13:45)
W. Mike McCrady, M.D., M.B.A., Vice President and Medical Director of Clinical, Operations, Trinity Mother Frances Health System
- The Market-Based Imperative to Transform Medical Practice (35:46)
Mark Laitos, M.D., Past President, Colorado Medical Society
- What Employers Really Want and Are Willing to Pay For (59:27)
Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., M.P.H., Vice President and CMO, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas
- Family Medicine’s Time to Lead (37:29)
Roland Goertz, M.D., M.B.A., AAFP President
- The Village Health Experience: High Quality, Cost-Effective Care Equals Patient and Payer Value (31:06)
Christopher Crow, M.D., M.B.A., President, Village Health Partners
View the videos through the links above. Find more on payment reform in TAFP’s practice resources at www.tafp.org/practice-resources/payment-reform.