Watch AAFP Congress of Delegates sessions, opening ceremony online
After last year’s successful broadcast of the AAFP Assembly Opening Ceremony, which included the incoming address of AAFP President Roland Goertz, M.D., M.B.A., the national Academy has expanded this year’s effort to include broadcasts of three segments of the Congress of Delegates.
According to AAFP News Now, the decision to expand live streaming to the business sessions arose from a resolution adopted last year that asked AAFP to investigate the feasibility and cost of providing streaming media of the business sessions of national meetings.
The Academy is using UStream, the live interactive broadcast platform that TAFP used during this year’s Annual Session in July, to broadcast the sessions, and will host archived videos on their website after the original showing. See the following sessions live at the times listed below or at a later time as archived video:
- Sunday, Sept. 11 — (Archived) — Attendees of the Town Hall meeting discussed family medicine’s hot topics including payment and distressed practice environments.
- Monday, Sept. 12 — 6:30 - 8:45 a.m. (Archived) — Officers and commissions gave reports and attendees introduced late resolutions.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 — 8 - 10:30 a.m. (Archived) — Attendees heard remarks from guests and the Director Candidates’ Forum, during which candidates for AAFP Director addressed the delegates and held a question-and-answer session.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 — 12 - 1:30 p.m. (Archived), 1:45 - 4 p.m. (Archived) — Award presentations; Candidates’ Forum for AAFP officer candidates; and reports from the Reference Committees on Organization and Finance, Advocacy, Practice Enhancement, Health of the Public and Science, and Education.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 — 8 - 11 a.m. (Archived) — Award presentations, guest remarks, installation of the new AAFP President Glen Stream, M.D., M.B.I., and AAFP election results.
Viewers do not need a UStream account to be able to watch. Go to AAFP’s UStream channel, www.ustream.tv/channel/aafp, at the time of the broadcasts or to watch archived video on AAFP's website, www.aafp.org/online/en/home/aboutus/theaafp/congress/videos/cod.html.