1993 — Edwin Franks, MD
1994 — Logan Swords, MD
1994 — S. Perry Post, MD
1994 — Lamar Ross, MD
1995 — Reinhardt Dwyer, MD
1995 — Leonard G. Paul, MD
1995 — William A. Wilson, MD
1997 — Charles Wise, MD
1998 — Jack Haley, MD
1998 — Ernest Sears, MD
1999 — J. Ardis Bell, MD
2000 — Don W. Boston, MD
2001 — Arnold Krause, MD
2002 — James Matthews, MD
2003 — Charles A. Rush, MD
2003 — Robert Rakel, MD
2004 — H.W. Kilpatrick, MD
2004 — C.L. Montgomery, MD
2005 — Sol Dittman, MD
2006 — Robert Chapman, MD
2006 — Martha Chapman, MD
2007 — Mathis Blackstock, MD
2008 — Robert Echols, MD
2008 — John Green II, MD
2009 — Glen Johnson, MD
2010 — Bruce K. Jacobson, MD
2011 — Isaac Kleinman, MD
2012 — Henry Boehm Jr, MD
The award of Physician Emeritus was created to honor members who have contributed long and meritorious service in the arena of family medicine. Consideration will be given to those physicians who are retired, over age 70 and who are nominated by a TAFP chapter or by any active TAFP member in good standing. The Commission on Membership and Member Services urges all TAFP members to consider their colleagues and submit nominations.
- Submit a completed nomination form,
- Submit a nominating letter from active member of TAFP (max of two pages),
- Submit a typed copy of a current curriculum vitae limited to three pages, and
- Submit a current head-and-shoulders photo of the candidate.
- Maximum of ten pages (note: supporting documentation does not include the nomination form or CV),
- One side only, no more than two letters per page,
- All pages must be photocopy-ready and of reproducible quality,
- The entire packet should be mailed flat (do not fold) or e-mailed as one PDF.
The Commission on Membership and Member Services will judge submissions.
2013 awards will be presented at the TAFP Annual Session in Fort Worth, Texas, Aug. 3, 2013.
Questions should be addressed to Kathy McCarthy by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 329-8666, ext 14.
Nominations must be received by TAFP by Feb. 8, 2013.
Please mail or e-mail nominations to:
Texas Academy of Family Physicians
12012 Technology Boulevard, Suite 200
Austin, Texas 78727